SMILE provides Research, Development, Training and Consulting on the following areas:
- Mobile Pervasive and Ubiquitous Learning & Assessment.
- Smart Learning, Internet of Things (IoT) and wearables.
- Learning & Assessment Analytics, and Educational Data Mining.
- Personalized Recommendations and Feedback (Visualizations, Cognitive, Affective, Motivational).
- Open Educational Resources/ Practices (OERs/ OEPs), Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs).
- Quality Interactive Mobile Learning Applications and Environments.
- Learner Modeling, Learner Evaluation & Acceptance (Satisfaction, Easy of Use, Enjoyment) of Mobile Learning Tools & Interventions.
- Evidence-based new effective Educational Design, Strategies, Methodologies and Interventions.
- Personalized and Adaptive Learning & Assessment.
- Student Motivation and Autonomous Learning.
- Collaborative & Social Learning, and Crowdsourced Knowledge Creation.
- Gamification, Game-based Learning, Serious Games and Business Games Simulations.
- Digital Skills, 21st Century Skills and STEM.
- Computer-Assisted Language Learning.
- Economics of E-Learning.
SMILE provides Design, Development, Delivery and Evaluation of Open& Quality:
- Educational and Instructional Designs, Methodologies, Strategies, Interventions, and Pedagogies in various educational contexts (primary, high school, university, adult education).
- Interactive Educational Technologies (mobiles, social networks, simulations/games, learning analytics, EEG, etc.) to enhance teaching, training, learning and assessment.
- Interactive Mobile Learning Tools, Applications, Resources & Practices (OERs, OEPS), and Environments.
- Personalized Recommendations and Feedback (Visualizations, Cognitive, Affective, Motivational), Avatars and Intelligent Pedagogical Agents.
- E-Communities of Practice, Collaborations and Networks of Researchers, Educators, Entrepreneurs, Companies etc.
- Learner Studies & Surveys, Analysis of Learner Needs, Interests, Goals, Attitudes, Behaviors, Skills, Employment, etc.
SMILE provides Blended Teaching, Training and Assessment on:
- Digital Skills
- E-Learning Tools, Resources (OERs), Practices (OEPs) and Methodologies.
- Foreign Language Learning
- Information Systems in Business,
- E-Commerce, E-Entrepreneurship and E-Business.
SMILE develops Collaborations, Partnerships, Networks and Communities of Practice with other Research Groups, Schools, Businesses/Enterprises, Software Companies, Private and Public Organizations, National and International Associations, Policy Makers, etc.